UPCOMING EVENTSView full calendar
4-H Summer of Discovery Week 6: Crafts & Sewing
Discover Crafts and Sewing! FaLaLaLaLa … It is Christmas in July! Get a jump start on your holiday preparations with these fun activities linked to our Discover 4-H curriculums. Whether it is a gift for a sibling, parent, or simply someone you care about or making new holiday decorations these craft ideas have you covered. In addition, 4-H Online Fair Exhibition ideas are identified with each weekly theme. Try something new and see if you find a SPARK!
Discover 4-H Curriculums
- Make a bubble bead wand
- Make bead bowls
- Learn to bedazzle
- Make a wooden bead necklace
- Make a beaded wind chime
- Make bead clothespin butterflies
- Make a beaded pen topper
- Make a beaded American flag
- Make a scrapbook
- Make homemade cards
- Make a journal
- Learn the basics of origami
- Make a recycled paper grow card
- Make paper mache
- Learn the tools of sewing
- Make a pin cushion
- Learn to use your sewing machine
- Make a drawstring bag
- Make a pillowcase
- Make a skirt
- Make shorts
- Make a doll skirt
- Learn crochet stitches
- Crochet a bead bracelet/necklace
- Crochet a headband
- Crochet a bitty bow or bow tie
- Crochet a flower
- Crochet a monster
- Crochet a coat hanger cover
- Crochet hot pads
- Make bookmarks
- Make a pencil case
- Make a zip lock bag
- Make a wallet
- Make a bag
- Make duct tape embellishments
- Make a tshirt quilt
- Make a no-sew cinch bag
Other Resources and Activities
- Learn how to tie a beautiful, large bow out of ribbon.
- Learn how to wrap a present. and check out these unique Christmas present wrapping ideas.
- Learn what it takes to cut your own Christmas tree from the Utah Mountains to prepare for winter.
- Make a paper circuit light up holiday card.
- Make loom christmas stockings.
- Make your own knitting needles.
- Make a pine cone christmas tree.
- Grow a crystal christmas tree.
- Make a felt christmas tree ornament.
- Make an oversized paper berry and holly garland.
- Make a snowflake out of hangers.
- Make a mason jar lid snowman.
- Make a decoupage christmas cookie plate.
- Make a dollar store christmas elf wreath.
- Make cinnamon scented dough ornaments.
- Use science to make crystal candy canes or snowflake ornaments.
- Make stiff wrapped yarn ornaments.
- Make melted crayon ornaments.
- Crochet a grinch legs scarf.
- Crochet a reindeer candy cane holder.
- Use science to make a bubbling ornament.
- Crochet a christmas tree hat.
- Check out this list of holiday ideas from Joanns including rope wreaths, tree skirts, cards, and more!
- Stay in the giving spirit and find a way to help at the Food and Care Coalition.
- Throw a Christmas in July party with things like strawberry santas, a “melted” snowball fight, or a watermelon Christmas tree.
- Make a Christmas treat and watch your favorite Christmas movie with your family.
- Make Christmas cookies and deliver them to a friend.
4-H Fair Projects and Contests
Looking for a Fair project? Try something new by checking out the following Divisions and Classes where you can submit a Crafts and Sewing Fair project.
Click HERE for more 4-H Indoor Exhibit Information.
Division B - Communications and Expressive Arts:
- CLASS BA – COMMUNICATION ARTS
- CLASS BCA - ARTS AND CRAFTS
- CLASS BCAB - BEADING
- CLASS BCAJ – JEWELRY
- CLASS BCAP – PAPER CRAFT
- CLASS BCAR – FABRIC CRAFT
Division C - Consumer and Family Sciences:
- CLASS CA - CHILD DEVELOPMENT, CHILD CARE, BABYSITTING
- CLASS CB – CLOTHING/TEXTILES/WARDROBE/MODELING
- CLASS CBA - SEWING CONSTRUCTION
- CLASS CBD – QUILTING
- CLASS CBE - KNITTING
- CLASS CBF - CROCHET
- CLASS CBG - NEEDLECRAFT/KNOT TYING
- CLASS CD – HOME ENVIRONMENT / INTERIOR DESIGN
Division F - Personal Development and Leadership:
- CLASS F – PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- CLASS FA – 4-H PROMOTION
- CLASS FD – CLOVERBUDS (Grades K-2)
- FCS Presentation
- Fashion Review
- FCS Skill-A-Thon
- FCS Bowl
- 4-H Demonstrations
- Prepared Public Speaking
- Impromptu Public Speaking
- 4-H Portfolios and Resumes
Looking for even more ways to have fun this summer? Check out the activity kits we have available! Pickup days are Monday and Friday at the 4-H Office. Reserve yours today!